1. Bob and Carole _________brother and sister.
2. __________ you help me?
3. We always eat turkey ________Christmas.
4. I like to go to bed___________midnight on weekends.
5. If you don't _______please ask me.
6. Are you_________ to speak Japanese?
7. It's a little warm in here, please turn ______ the heater a little.
8. What are you doing __________next Saturday?
9. She came to live here 5 years_______ .
10. I’ve been living in Chicago _______ 15 years.
11. ______you left, there have been many changes.
12. How long have you_________ in Oxford?
13. He ________ English since he left university 6 years ago.
14. I ________ three years in Tokyo.
15. The company closed and I _______ made redundant.
17. I _______ some lessons and can speak a few basic phrases.
18. When are you _______ to visit us?
19. He doesn't want to ______ in a restaurant during his summer vacation.
20. How long ____ she had that car?
21. She invited me _______at her house.
22. He lived in France ______1992 to 1997.
23. Joe forgot ________ the letter.
24. He had been painting _______many years before he sold his first picture.
25. I think I _______ stay here for a few more years.
26. If someone _______ me a well-paid job I would take it.
27. Some of my students asked me if I ____________continue to teach them business English.
28. Not only _____shade and beauty, but they also reduce carbon dioxide.
29. Next year I _______ a special training course.
30. The money________ from the bank was recovered.
31. _______for a career in dance generally begins at an early age.
32. Neither humans ___ dogs can hear as well as cats.
33. Giraffes hardly ______ sleep more than twenty minutes a night.
34. A dog should be checked regularly by the vet to ensure that it remains in good _________ .
35. The people I met couldn’t have_______more helpful or friendly.
36. There are ________ of different types of roses.
37. To "set your sight" on something means to ___ something.
38. It used to be a tradition for the bride to be given ___ by her father.
39. "Never mind" means ___.
40. Peter did not accept the job because he did not want to take ___ all those responsibilities.
41. To "call it a day" means ___.
42. If you "jump at" something you ___.
43. To stick a poster to a wall is the same as to ___ up a poster.
44. After several hours of discussion, the council agreed ________a plan.
45. Pencillin was discovered more or less _______ chance.
46. Commercial bakeries can make thousands of loaves of bread ______one time using automated equipment.
47. ______ their light weight, aluminium alloys can be very strong.
48. The bark of a tree thickens __________ .
49. Only about one _______ of the water on Earth is fresh water.
50. Cast iron is more ______ than steel since it breaks more easily.