Egypt is the most populated country in the Arab World. As such, the country is the epicenter for Arabic culture and media and makes Egyptian Arabic the most widely understood dialect.
Aside from the language, Egypt boasts a rich and fabulous history that encompasses over 5 millennia, which is displayed in the hundreds of pyramids, temples, and ruins scattered around the mighty Nile river. Located in the only land bridge between Asia and Africa, Egypt has been in the crossroads of civilizations and Ancient Egyptians, Greeks, French, English, Muslims, Christians, and Jews have all left their mark.
The Nile is still the country’s lifeline, as most cities and archeologic sites are located along its banks. But there is more to Egypt than the Nile: there are fantastic beach resorts on the Mediterranean and Red Seas and secluded oases surrounded by dunes that cry to be discovered.
And while there has been a revolution in the last ten years, the country is back on track and on its feet. Egyptians are eager to receive the tourists they lost so prices are cheaper than ever and the destinations are less crowded, ensuring every visitor a chance to discover the real Egypt.
Most widely understood dialect in the Arab World.
Shaped Arabic culture and media.
Egypt is super affordable
Political unrest is long over
Combine language with...
• experiencing the central role the Nile river has had since antiquity by cruising down its waters.
• reading in the modern reconstruction of the Library of Alexandria, one of the greatest libraries of the ancient world.
• lounging on the sun in the fabulous Red Sea’s beach resorts.
• feeling tiny walking past gigantic temples in Abu Simbel and Valley of the Kings.
• discovering colourful corals under the Red Sea warm waters.
• getting lost in the winding streets of the souqs (markets) in Cairo and buying exotic spices, fantastic fabrics, fine rugs, and basically anything you can think of.
• venturing into the endless sands of the Sahara Desert and the amazing oases it treasures.
• seeing with your own eyes two of the most recognizable landmarks in the world: the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx.
Select one and see all available schools
Cairo, huge and multicultural, is almost an open-air museum. The innumerable minarets, the mosques, narrow streets, the markets, the Coptic Museum and the Egyptian Museum as well as Giza with the Pyramids and the Sphinx will leave you astounded. However, Cairo is also a modern metropolis with high-rises along the Nile and the largest shopping malls in the country.
"Thank you so much for everything. It was a great experience and I have referred some friends to Listen and Learn."
Arabic course in Edmonton.
"The lessons are going great! Rose is an incredible teacher and I am so grateful she is teaching me. Thank you for all you did to connect me to her!"
Arabic course in Baltimore.
"We originally wanted a face-to-face class but we could not find any teacher. After taking online classes with Listen & Learn we have been very happy!"
Arabic course in Madison.
"My classes are amazing. I enjoy them very much. Yasmina is a great trainer."
Arabic course in Dallas.
"The lessons seem to be going well. Teacher and student have a connection and I believe they are working great together."
Arabic course in Montreal.